Types of Lingerie
* Babydoll, a short nightgown, or negligee intended as nightwear for women.
* Basque, a tight, form-fitting bodice or coat
* Bedjacket, worn over a nightgown or negligee for warmth and modesty.
* Blanket sleeper
* Bloomers, underpants with short legs.
* Bodystocking, a unitard.
* Bodysuit, a leotard-like undergarment, usually skintight or formfitting.
* Bodice, covers the body from the neck to the waist.
* Boy shorts, a style of panties, so named for their resemblance to male shorts.
* Camisole, sleeveless and tight fitting, covering the top part of the body
* Camiknickers, camisole and knickers joined as one garment
* Cami shorts
* Cheeky, exposes the bottom part of the buttocks
* Corset by bone, a bodice worn to mold and shape the torso.
* Corselet, or merry widow, combined brassiere and girdle
* Corsage by elastic, covering the body from the neck to the waist, similar to a corset.
* Drawers, a pant-like garment worn during the 19th century for modesty and warmth. Some drawers were split-leg, in that the crotch seam was left open.
* French maid, a form of ladies' fantasywear
* G-string, or thong, a narrow piece of cloth passes between the buttocks, and is attached to a band around the hips, worn as a bikini bottom or as underwear by both men and women.
* Garter belt, used to keep stockings up
* Girdle, resembles a tight pair of athletic shorts
* Granny panties
* Jersey nightshirt, a long, loose T-shirt made of cotton, polyester, nylon, or diaphanous chiffon that can be worn like a babydoll.
* Naughty & Nice
* Nightgown, or nightie, a loosely hanging item of nightwear, may vary from hip-length (babydoll) to floor-length (peignoir).
* Slip (Full slip and half slip/underskirt)
* Spanky-pants, or Spankies, color-coordinated underpants worn by cheerleaders.
* Suspender belt (British), a.k.a. Garter belt (US)
* Tap pants
* Unitard, one piece, skin tight garment.
Since the mid-1990s, women have had more choice in bra sizes; the focus has changed from choosing bras in an average size to wearing bras that actually fit perfectly. In the UK, for instance, the media is fueling an awareness campaign about the need for each woman to have a proper bra fitting before every purchase.